2004 Truck. Engine Size : 5.7 liter Question: 4x4 not working . Does not switch over when I try to engage it.
It would help if you mentioned the make and model of your vehicle, and if you have electronic 4WD, or have to shift it into 4WD manually. If it's electronic, you could have a bad switch, or a bad actuator on the front axle. Either electronic or manual, you could have a mechanical failure inside the front axle housing that is causing it not to engage into 4WD, like broken gears or axles, mis-aligned parts, etc. If the problem is with the transfer case, you could have a bad encoder motor or a mechanical failure inside the transfer case. On the electronically controlled systems, there is a main control module that could be bad as well. You're best bet is to get it to a shop for diagnosis.
More Auto Repair Help
|Newest Posts | Cars | Trucks | SUV | Engines | Electrical|
- Engine Noises | Knocking and Ticking | Common Causes
- Steering Wheel Wobbles While Driving
- 2006 Chevy Trailblazer Service Stability Code C0455 C0244 Repair
- Chevy Equinox Has No Power Steering
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT) Code P0112 Or P0113
- Chevy Monte Carlo 3.5L V6 Coolant Leak
- P0128 Coolant Temp Below Themostat Threshold
- Evaporative Emissions Leak Code P0440 - P0455