Question: Where is the Crankshaft position sensor located in my 2008 Dodge Avenger 2.4 L 4 Cylinder engine? My engine diagnostic comes up p0315 and p0335, both having to do with the Crankshaft position system, but I dont know where it is to replace it. A link to a picture or diagram would be useful.
Answer: The crank shaft position sensor is located on the top of the transmission bell housing, on the back side right next to the top of the motor. The codes you are getting, P0315 and P0355 can also be a problem with a cam position sensor because they work together and the engine computer compares the two.
Try the crank sensor first. If that does not fix it, you would need to look at the engine data to see if there is a problem with a cam sensor or it could also be an internal engine problem. Wince you car is a 2009 Dodge, it would still be under the factory powertrain/emission warranty. You may just want to take it to the dealer. See the picture below for sensor location.
More Auto Repair Help
|Newest Posts | Cars | Trucks | SUV | Engines | Electrical|
- Engine Noises | Knocking and Ticking | Common Causes
- Steering Wheel Wobbles While Driving
- 2006 Chevy Trailblazer Service Stability Code C0455 C0244 Repair
- Chevy Equinox Has No Power Steering
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT) Code P0112 Or P0113
- Chevy Monte Carlo 3.5L V6 Coolant Leak
- P0128 Coolant Temp Below Themostat Threshold
- Evaporative Emissions Leak Code P0440 - P0455