2007 Ford F-150 Engine Size : 5.4
Question : what can i do to get better gas mileage on my truck. I have a K&N air filter and straight dual exhaust.
Answer: Stick with the basics- keep engine tuned up properly, check tire pressures, do not have unneeded weight in the truck, change your oil regularly etc. Although there are many companies that say their product can increase gas mileage, I have not found any that have conclusive evidence of that. Especially in today's newer cars and truck. The computer system is set to specific parameters to gain the best fuel mileage, power curve and other specifications. There are companies that re-flash the computer, add sensors, etc. Many times this causes more harm than good. Sometimes you gain a few horsepower, but ruin mileage and can shorten the life of the engine. So do some research and look at all the different claims, and decide for yourself if you want to try one.
More Auto Repair Help
|Newest Posts | Cars | Trucks | SUV | Engines | Electrical|
- Engine Noises | Knocking and Ticking | Common Causes
- Steering Wheel Wobbles While Driving
- Chevy Equinox Has No Power Steering
- 2006 Chevy Trailblazer Service Stability Code C0455 C0244 Repair
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT) Code P0112 Or P0113
- Chevy Monte Carlo 3.5L V6 Coolant Leak
- Evaporative Emissions Leak Code P0440 - P0455
- P0128 Coolant Temp Below Themostat Threshold