cruise control not working

Car and truck accessories questions.
david
cruise control not working

Post by david » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:44 pm

my cruise control light will come on but when I push it to set the speed the light shuts off and it doesn't work and my abs light also came on.

Terry

Re: cruise control not working

Post by Terry » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:55 pm

The cruise control uses vehicle speed to adjust and maintain speed. The ABS uses wheel speeds to function. The computer may be looking at ABS data for vehicle / wheel speeds. Since it sees a problem, cruise control is de-activated.

You will need to have the ABS brake problem repaired first. Then the cruise should function. A scan of the ABS computer is needed t5o get the codes that will help diagnose the problem.

Lou

Pontiac A/C Compressor Seized

Post by Lou » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:40 pm

1996 Pontiac grand am se. check engine light no codes. Will a seized up ac compressor prevent my grand am from starting?

butch

Re: Pontiac A/C Compressor Seized

Post by butch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Yes, i seized up A/C compressor can for sure cause your Pontiac to not start. That is, if the problem is that when you turn the key, it does not crank.

Since the compressor will not turn, this causes the belt to not turn which can actually prevent the engine from cranking over because the belt is attached to the crankshaft pulley. Especially on the four cylinder 2.4L engine. It does not take much to stop a 4 cylinder.

To confirm this, remove the belt, turn the key and the engine should crank over and start. When it starts, do not let it run too long though.

If the engine does crank now, but not start, then the compressor is NOT the problem. You would need to look at fuel or ignition problem.

Russell

Cadillac drivers side vents warm

Post by Russell » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:21 pm

I have a 01 Cadillac sts. Vents on passenger Side are working, Nice cold air. The drivers Vents blow warm air some times. But at night works Great? I live in Arizona. That it???

karlk

Re: Cadillac drivers side vents warm

Post by karlk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 pm

First have the freon charge checked. If it is low, this would cause the passenger side to be colder since it is much closer to the A/C evaporator in the dash- the part that cools the air. At night or cooler days, the A/C system is not so stressed out, so freon charge that is a little low is not so critical.

If that is OK, then most likely the drivers side temperature door actuator motor is bad. Your Cadillac, as with many other vehicles, have a temperature control door for the vents in the dash- one for each side. This is a common part to fail.
See this link for more information...
Drivers side vent blows warm air

Dean

Post by Dean » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 pm

I'm writing for my husband who is trying to hook up a sunfire engine into a Cavilier body and needs to know where to hook up the cruise control cords etc

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 pm

The cruise control cable hooks up to the throttle body along with the accelerator cable.