Lincoln Town Car A/C problem

Car and truck accessories questions.
Lee
Lincoln Town Car A/C problem

Post by Lee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi,
I have 2007 lincoln town car and The A/C works Fine (it's cold) but when I switched the directions there is A problem. When I put it on face direction it's blown on to feet, when switched to feet dire, it's only blown one side.(passenger side feet) ,when I switched to face, it's blown toFront defroster. When I put it to both direction Face & feet, it blown on rear side. The one behind center Box. Is tere any one can help me because the dealer Ask me $138 just to check. I got some research says it Could be vacuum leak on EATC Unit but am not sure.

Terry

Re: Lincoln Town Car A/C problem

Post by Terry » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Yes, it could be a vacuum leak at that unit, but that usually causes the air flow to come out of the same place no matter where you set it at. And that is usually the floor and defroster. It sounds more like the EATC unit itself is bad. Yes, you wold need a dealer tech to diagnose it properly. If you go to a local mechanic, you might be dealing with a guy that will just be guessing. The dealer mechanic has the correct diagnostic tools to fix your Lincoln Town Car.