No fluid coming out of line

Questions specific to brakes and anti-lock brakes.
Jeff
96 Honda Accord front rotor

Post by Jeff » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Working with a shop and came upon a 96 Accord, tripe checked vin to make sure. It is supposed to have an inboard rotor, 90-97 all offer same rotor. This said vehicle has a standard rotor or has been converted from inboard to standard and we have no idea what rotor to put on, customer has no previous work history, suggestions?

karlk

Re: 96 Honda Accord front rotor

Post by karlk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Your best bet is to go to your local Honda dealer, give the parts department the VIN number and have then check to see what is the correct rotor style for your car.

Roxana

Disabled person being taken advantage of need help ASAP

Post by Roxana » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Okay , I had my break pads replaced at "tires plus" less than 1000 miles ago.
I have been up there twice for repairs and they say nothing is wrong with my breaks.
Today I took it up to Firestone and they said that they need to order new bolts and lug nuts they were stripped from previous break job.

My main question is they have been squealing, grinding in reverse when the car is to temp but has not been backed out of parking space.

It squeals a little when I turn right. Warm or after being driven.

I called tires plus ( which I won't be going back to)
And they informed me they will put on a higher quality pad to stop the squealing and grinding.

What has this done to my rotors or calipers. I'm a poor girl . And I spent almost 300$ on pads with tires plus
41.00$ today at Firestone and 6 hrs. For no reason.
Rotors are very expensive and they were pristine before I got my b.job. . There is only 50 k miles on my car and I drive like a grandma. There saying the wear on my brakes that are only 1000 miles old are 7 all the way around. What should I do?

I hardly touch the breaks at all. It's pulling to the right and squeaking as well.
Please help me!

Terry

Re: Disabled person being taken advantage of need help ASAP

Post by Terry » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 am

Yes, a different brand of brake pads may fix the squealing. Semi-metallic pads tend to squeal. Ceramic are much quieter, but cause a lot of dust on the wheels.

Your rotors and calipers will be fine. This squealing is caused by the material in the pads, no damage will result.

Logan

No fluid coming out of line

Post by Logan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi all.
I recently had my caliper rebuilt and today, after installing it on my car, I tried to bleed the fluid through the new caliper only to notice that there is no fluid coming through, just air. This is still happening after about 5 or 6 pumps of the brake pedal. The air does contain small droplets of fluid.

With the bleeder valve closed it should also be noted that there is no pressure in the system. I have adequate fluid in the reservoir as well.

I have tried removing the brake hose and checking to see if any fluid was coming out of that and there was pretty much none so as far as I am concerned it isn't a problem with the caliper, especially considering it was just rebuilt.

Any help would be appreciated.
Logan

karlk

Re: No fluid coming out of line

Post by karlk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Loosen the bleeder valve and let the fluid start to run out on its own. This is called gravity bleeding. Once you have fluid dripping, bleed the system normally.