2005 Nissan Altima will not start.

General car repair questions and answers.
beekiesmom
Help we know nothing about cars

Post by beekiesmom » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 am

My son has a jeep Liberty (hope I even spelled it right), It started with a slight tap when acceleration, and idle, then he had a minor fender bender, where he hit someone from behind yesterday. There is only a crack in his bumper but now the tap is much louder, and worse. He checks the oil , it has oil. So we don't know can some one help me. I hope I am in the right spot. Sorry if I am not. The top said Ford Taurus so I hope I am in the right place, I am new here. Oh btw it is an 05.

karlk

Re: Help we know nothing about cars

Post by karlk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Any kind of tap or knock in the engine will get faster as the engine revs up. You will need to have the oil pressure checked. Just because there oil in it does not mean the pressure is good.

A tap is usually a noise in the top of the motor, like a lifter or valve. A knock is usually on the lower part of the engine, a rod bearing, main bearing or piston.

Another possibility is a cracked flywheel.

A experienced ear is needed to determine where the noise is coming from.

tom

vent air flow with headlights

Post by tom » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:18 pm

when I turn headlight switch on cold air comes from heater

butch

Re: vent air flow with headlights

Post by butch » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 pm

It would help if you told us what type of vehicle this is.

But, this is strange non the less. You could have a bad ignition switch or faulty ground wire.

tammy

1990 Nissan Maxima Part Assembly

Post by tammy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm trying to find out where the part assembly ensemble conjunto goes on my 1990 nissan maxiam.

Terry

Re: 1990 Nissan Maxima Part Assembly

Post by Terry » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 am

You are going to have to describe the part you are talking about a little better.

Dede

2005 Nissan Altima will not start

Post by Dede » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:25 am

I have a 2005 nissan altima 3.5SL. I just had the alternator replaced on it a week ago. Today when i went to start my car it would not crank at all. I did not hear any clicking noises what so ever. The lights in my car did come on.

karlk

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima will not start

Post by karlk » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 pm

If your Nissan will not crank when turning the key, and you had a bad alternator, i would suspect that the battery is dead. When an alternator stops charging, that will cause a battery to fail. Just because the alternator is now working, does not mean the battery was not drained to a point where now it will not hold a charge. Or, maybe the alternator was misdiagnosed. Maybe it was was not the problem at all, but it was a bad battery.

Have the car battery tested, or at least try a jump start from another vehicle.

If the battery is OK, then the only other thing that would prevent your car from starting is an electrial problem or theft lockout condition.

Xander

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima will not start

Post by Xander » Mon May 04, 2015 11:41 pm

If I were you, check the battery first.