2011 equinox 2.4L

General car repair questions and answers.
SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS
2011 equinox 2.4L

Post by SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:29 am

I,VE BEEN SEEING THE SERVICE POWER STEERING LIGHT TO COME ON .IT`S ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING SO NO FLUID CAN BE PUT IN. HOW CAN I FIX THIS MYSELF W/O TAKING TO DEALER?

Terry

Re: 2011 equinox 2.4L

Post by Terry » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:00 am

Correct, no power steering fluid. If the warning light is on, then there is a problem in the electrical system. You need to have the computer scanned for codes. You cannot do this yourself unless you have a good scan tool. Just a basic computer code scanner will only get the engine codes, not the body or steering module codes.

SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS

Post by SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Terry wrote:Correct, no power steering fluid. If the warning light is on, then there is a problem in the electrical system. You need to have the computer scanned for codes. You cannot do this yourself unless you have a good scan tool. Just a basic computer code scanner will only get the engine codes, not the body or steering module codes.
terry i get control module $7e8:engine, $7eb,$7ea it dosent scan any p or po codes. u think they have a recall on this .

SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS

Post by SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:01 pm

SPANKY AUTO REPAIRS wrote:
Terry wrote:Correct, no power steering fluid. If the warning light is on, then there is a problem in the electrical system. You need to have the computer scanned for codes. You cannot do this yourself unless you have a good scan tool. Just a basic computer code scanner will only get the engine codes, not the body or steering module codes.
terry i get control module $7e8:engine, $7eb,$7ea it dosent scan any p or po codes. u think they have a recall on this .
80 amp fuse im hearing