Heater hot then cold

General car repair questions and answers.
Dee
Heater hot then cold

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 am

Honda Accord. What do I need to do if my heater is hot then blows cold from the vents? Do i need a mechanic. How do i fix this problem myself?

Terry

Re: Heater hot then cold

Post by Terry » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, that depends on what is wrong. Most of the time when the heater in a car gets hot then cold, it is just a bad thermostat. But you could also be low on antifreeze. This is where the type of vehicle you are talking about comes into play. Certain cars or trucks have common causes for coolant leaks or for burning antifreeze. Telling us what type of vehicle you have and engine size would let us give you more help on the problem you are having.

M8GisLOW

Honda Accord Exhaust repair problem

Post by M8GisLOW » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:21 pm

about 7 months ago i got my first car, a 2009 honda accord lx-s blue with black wheels and a loud exhaust which appeared to be a cat back. now that i look back i should've thought harder about it because i have put in a good bit of money fixing small nicks and nacks well anyway, the 2.4 liter honda accords stock come with a single exhaust system and mine has duals, but not true duals, the previous owner of my accord seemed to have removed the muffler, resonator and the catalytic converter, and added a seperate pipe to make "duals", he added aftermarket magnaflow tips as well. my question is, could i cut off the added pipe and reweld the hole that will be left and then order something like a skunk2 3" muffler and cut down the original exhaust pipe and make a custom exaust, or would i be better off completely removing the entire exhaust system as a whole and ordering a new one like a greddy exhaust or something? i do not want duals, i want just a single exhaust like my car was built to have.

karlk

Re: Honda Accord Exhaust repair problem

Post by karlk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Yes, if you are good with tools, you can cut off the unwanted section of exhaust and add the type you want. You may have to use a reducer to get the pipes to match with each pipes inside and outside diameter. It would be cheaper than getting a whole new system for your Honda, but again, a lot of work may be involved.

kevinm

mounted snow tires

Post by kevinm » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:12 pm

any one know if rims from 2004 corolla will fit 2005 spectra both 4 bolt?

noah

Car has no fire

Post by noah » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 pm

my car wont crank and no lights. I have changed the battery and still nothing. Toyota camery 1996 4 cl automatic

Terry

Re: mounted snow tires

Post by Terry » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Yes, they should fit.

butch

Re: Car has no fire

Post by butch » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:48 pm

The next thing to do id check all of the fuses. Is you tried to jump start it, you may have blown some fuses. Or while changing the battery you may have touched the positive to a ground and blew some fuses.

If they are OK, you may have a bad ignition switch.