05 trailblazer brake light problem

Questions specific to electrical problems.
robert cleveland
Chevy ignition module location

Post by robert cleveland » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Where is the ignition module on a 2007 chevy Malibu 2.2 liter engine?

Terry

Re: Chevy ignition module location

Post by Terry » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:53 pm

The ignition module is located on top of the engine. It bolts to the large aluminum cover. There are 4 small screws that hold it on. It has 1 electrical plug that plugs into it. It is located on the drivers side top of the engine right next to the fuel line.

Randell

Starter won't engage or click after changing transmissions

Post by Randell » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:43 pm

97 Chevy z-714wd

RC COLLINS

starts when it wants to

Post by RC COLLINS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:35 pm

I have a 97 chevy lumina 3.1, i can turn the key nothing happens, i'll disconnet the neg battery cable or losen it and tighten it may or may not start,at time i'll keep moving the neg cable back and froth untill it starts, one time when it wouldn't start i just went back into the house so i wouldn't beat hell out of car, when i went back i was ready to pop the hood and start playing with the neg cable,when i turned the key and it started without me having to do anything. recently i let the car sit for three weeks, never started it or did anything,and it started up everytime i turned the key for three weeks untill two days ago. now i'm back to having to play with it every other time i need to start it, this is getting very old because my wife is in bad health and if i need to take her to doctor appointments i can't trust the car to start. i hope the fix for this isn't alot because i'm no means have a lot of money. Thank you for your time

butch

Re: Starter won't engage or click after changing transmissio

Post by butch » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Check all your fuses. You may have a one or more that are blown. Double check that you put all the wires back on the started. Check the neutral safety switch adjustment- put truck in reverse and see if the backup lights come on- if not, the neutral switch is out of adjustment.

karlk

Re: starts when it wants to

Post by karlk » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Yes, change both of the battery cables. Change the negative for sure, and the positive to be safe.

jokerjoe

05 trailblazer brake light problem

Post by jokerjoe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:55 pm

so this is my story and my problem... i noticed my tail light brake BRIGHTS dont work meaning they light up but wont go brighter when i push on the brake. i changed the lights to led and still nothing then i noticed that my left brake taillight is completely out now and cruise control doesnt work now! i still switched some lights around from the reverse and blinker lights to test the lights themselves and still the left side will not light up AT ALL im frustrated, seems like a wiring problem or something? why would only one go out for no reason? so beside that problem is my cruise control(which could be due to electrical problem with brakes) and the other problem still is i cannot get the brakes to brighten up to let others know im braking. the only thing that happens is the top tailgate light turns on trying to look for answers online and cannot come up with anything please help. 05 trailblazer lt ext

butch

Re: 05 trailblazer brake light problem

Post by butch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 pm

First of all, get rid of the LED lights and put the correct bulbs back in. You are asking for problems with those LED's.
The cruise does not work because the brake lights don't work. This could be brake light switch problem under the dash on the brake pedal. Another common problem on the Chevy Trailblazer is the circuit board the rear bulbs plug into. These get corroded inside, and also the electrical connector that plugs into he circuit board get corroded. Green is a sign of corrosion.

Rocky

02 Silverado charging system fault

Post by Rocky » Thu May 28, 2015 11:29 am

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 that is showing a charging system fault. The problem occurred briefly on May 9th, and it corrected itself before I could get it diagnosed. Came back on the morning of May 21st and has stayed on since.

I have no display for odometer/gear select, no fuel or temp gauges, and my heater stopped working. Curious part about the problem is that I am not losing any charge. Battery tested "weak" on two tests so I replaced it. I could hear the bearings in the alternator so even though it tested ok I replaced it anyway. Neither fixed the fault. I have checked every fuse under the hood and inside the driver's door and all look good. Gauge cluster was tested yesterday by a mechanic and all works properly(He scanned it to see if he could find the problem, but ran out of time).

I am at a loss as to where to look next... Ignition switch? Body control module? Any ideas?

Terry

Re: 02 Silverado charging system fault

Post by Terry » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:30 pm

With all of theses problems with the odometer, gauges and heater, this sounds like an ignition switch problem. One or several of the fused circuits probably have low voltage because of the ignition switch.