2004 Buick Rendezvous V6 3.7L AC problems

Questions specific to electrical problems.
Dave V
clicking noise when starting chevy cavalier

Post by Dave V » Mon May 26, 2014 7:05 pm

I have a clicking noise when I try to start the engine on my '99' chevy cavalier. the battery,starter,ignition control module all work properly.The noise sounds like it's coming from the back of the engine.

butch

Re: clicking noise when starting chevy cavalier

Post by butch » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Does the car crank and start? If not, then either the starter is bad or the engine is locked up.
If it does start, then you may just have a loose exhaust component or motor mount.

brad

2001 pontiac grand am security

Post by brad » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:26 pm

how to clear security so car will start.

karlk

Re: 2001 pontiac grand am security

Post by karlk » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 pm

There is no way to clear the security code to get your Pontiac to start. You need to fix the problem. You can try a theft relearn procedure to get it to start, but it may not start tomorrow. See this link for
Pontiac theft relearn

sdenton

2004 Buick Rendezvous V6 3.7L AC problems

Post by sdenton » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

When the car is turned on, there is no power to the climate control switches for ac and heat. No lights or sounds at all. Under the hood the pulley belt runs but the compressor clutch does not engage. I've looked at the fuses and relays and found no damage. It seems like there is no power at all to the clutch, fan, or inside controls. When I purchased the car, the seller stated the ac had been "disconnected". I've looked at the wires I can see and none seem to be loose. I'm not sure how to access it any other way. Any help would be appreciated. Is there any way the ac would be disconnected?

butch

Re: 2004 Buick Rendezvous V6 3.7L AC problems

Post by butch » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

If the controls in the dash do not light up or have no power, then there will be no power to the compressor under hood of your Buick. The first thing to do is remove the control panel to see if that is even plugged in.