Battery run time

Questions specific to electrical problems.
drhodsdon
headlight replacement

Post by drhodsdon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:46 pm

2004 Chry T&C; how do I replace the headlight

Terry

Re: headlight replacement

Post by Terry » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Do you want to replace the entire headlight assembly, or just the bulb in your Town and Country?

Dakota

Brake Light and taillight short

Post by Dakota » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am

I have a short in my brake light wire and i'm trying to figure out where to start. the tail light works and i put a new dual filament bulb in but it still don't work. Where would be a good place to start?

butch

Re: Brake Light and taillight short

Post by butch » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Just because the lights dont work does not mean there is a short. A short circuit will cause the fuse to blow. Since that does not seem to be the case, try a different bulb first. Be sure to use the correct style for your vehicle. If that does not fix it, then you would need to check for power and ground at the bulb socket.

Shuu

Battery run time

Post by Shuu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello. I know this is not a car but I'm in desperate for help...I have a power wheelchair that has 2 motors with 350 Watts. It uses 2 batteries. On each battery it writes 12V 31 A.H. @ 20Hrs. They are 22NF batteries. Does anyone know the average run time it can run? Also I use a charger that writes 24V 8A. They said it takes 6-8 hours to fully charge, but my charger always show the light "battery ready" just after about 3 hours. Is there anything wrong? Thanks so much for any help!

Adam

2003 Toyota Matrix won't crank

Post by Adam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:13 pm

The last few days our 2003 Toyota Matrix has been sounding like it is starting laboriously. Yesterday, it started once, but would not crank thereafter (no clicking, etc.—just not turning at all). Battery seems to be fine, according to the volt meter, however it has been getting colder here and I don't have a way to check the CCV; could that be the issue? If it were the starter/solenoid wouldn't that be inconsistent with the slow starts for the last few days? I'm thinking of manually turning the crank to see if it's a mechanical issue before I pull the starter and have it tested. Anything else I should do?

Terry

Re: 2003 Toyota Matrix won't crank

Post by Terry » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:09 pm

The first thing to do is take the battery and have it load tested. This simulates the load of the starter and a cold engine. Just checking voltage is not a good test. If the battery passes, then the starter is the most likely cause.

butch

Re: Battery run time

Post by butch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Expect about 3-4 hours of continuous run time on those batteries. IF the charger shuts off too fast, check all the cables for corrosion and test the batteries.

em2*69

Parking lights/blinkers and brake lights

Post by em2*69 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:55 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post, hope it goes well. 03 civic ex coupe. What I'm trying to accomplish is having the parking lights/turn sig's also light up when I step on brake. As well as the brake light coming on when the parking or turn sig is used. I already have led lights through out the car also a relay so there is no fast blink problem. Any help is welcome may someone can guide me through it (step by step) Also I don't know how to read a multimeter, lol, I can the eyes rolling. Thanks

butch

Re: Parking lights/blinkers and brake lights

Post by butch » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Not sure why you want to have the lights work this way, but all you would have to do is splice the wires together at the rear bulb sockets so that both filaments in the bulbs get power when hitting the brake pedal.