Brake lights Ford Explorer

Questions specific to electrical problems.
Ron
Brake lights Ford Explorer

Post by Ron » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:50 pm

96 Ford Explorer 4 wheel drive Eddie Bouer. No brake lights, New bulbs, new brake pedal switch, new signal switch.
No low beam lights, checked all fuses, relays and wireing.

Terry

Re: Brake lights Ford Explorer

Post by Terry » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Sounds like you may have a ground wire problem on your Ford Explorer.

You need to test for power into the bulb sockets with a test light first to confirm this. While pressing the brake pedal, if the socket has one wire hot then the problem is not a power feed, it is a ground. You will need to test the black wire from the bulb t6o ground with an ohm meter. You should have less than .5 ohms. If you don't, then trace the wire to find the break or get a hold of a schematic to find the location of the ground and check that it is clean and tight or not broken.

If not power in, then you need to track back toward the switch. There might be a connector problem, maybe corrosion or broken wires.

john

ford ranger 1999 theft system lockout

Post by john » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:49 pm

hello and help,
my name is john and i have 1999 ford ranger with a popped ignition the truck is currently in theft lockout is there any way to bypass this and start the vehicle without spending any money ? this truck is used off road only for faith farm ministries in okeechobee florida we accepted this truck as a donation and really dont want to sink any money into it . please help if you can i would apprreciate it respond online or by phone.
thank you
john scott

parker

93 honda civic reverse lights problem

Post by parker » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:49 pm

hello i have an issue with my 93 honda civic dx manual transmission reverse lights. so i got pulled over for having late registration or failure to register the other day but the reason why i cant register and get safety and emissions done on it is cause the reverse light do not come on when i shift into reverse but come on when i go back into neutral and just sit there. they only are doing this while lights are fully turned on but do not even come on without lights on im sure. so i have to pay the ticket and stuff or ill get a break if i get my car registered and stuff again if i show them by the time i have to go in for it the officer said to me.

karlk

Re: ford ranger 1999 theft system lockout

Post by karlk » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Dont know of any bypass or disable procedures for your Ford.

butch

Re: 93 honda civic reverse lights problem

Post by butch » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:37 pm

You need to have the reverse light switch on the transmission checked in your Honda. It may be bad. Of you have some wiring problems causing the reverse lights to not work unless the headlights are on. Either way, a wiring diagram may be needed to help.