location of the ecm on a 1999 gmc sierra

Questions specific to electrical problems.
skinnyjeanz
Chevy Truck lighting problem

Post by skinnyjeanz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:40 pm

I have a 1984 chevy k20 and none of the light are working at all except headlights ive checked all grounds also when i test the fuses at the fuse box some of them will light the test light up fine but the other side of the fuse will light up dim or not at all

karlk

Re: Chevy Truck lighting problem

Post by karlk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:46 pm

With some of the fuses lighting the test light dim, it does sound like a ground problem. If you are sure you check all of them, then you need to start moving around wiring harnesses with the test light on a dim fuse. While moving harnesses, watch for the test light to flicker or get brighter.

You may have a corroded or loose connector. Corroded will show signs of green inside.

bob

99 sonoma feul pump relay heats up

Post by bob » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:14 am

I have a 99 GMC Sonoma. drove the truck home and would not start the next morning. checked the fuel pump relay and it had spots that had burn marks in it. I replaced it and it started up. while driving truck it stalled. I checked the fuel pump relay and it was hot. could it be a bad fuel pump or a sensor or shorting wire.

karlk

Re: 99 sonoma feul pump relay heats up

Post by karlk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 pm

An overheated relay is the sign of too much current draw. That could be from a fuel pump that is bad or just poor connection in the fuse block where the relays plugs in. I would first dab a little silicone grease on the terminals of the relay, then plug it in. Drive it and see if it gets hot. If it does, then the fuel pump would need to get checked.

april

location of the ecm on a 1999 gmc sierra

Post by april » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:24 am

i am trying to find the location of the ecm located on a 1999 gmc sierra truck with a regular 4.3 liter engine please someone tell were it might be located

Terry

Re: location of the ecm on a 1999 gmc sierra

Post by Terry » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:28 pm

The ECM for your GMC is located under the hood on the passenger side or drivers side on top of the wheel well.