03 Monte Carlo knocking after driving

Automotive questions for anything about engines.
Trish
03 Monte Carlo knocking after driving

Post by Trish » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 am

After driving for a couple hours it starts knocking but then when you hit tha gas it stops what could this be.

karlk

Re: 03 Monte Carlo knocking after driving

Post by karlk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 pm

That could be an internal engine noise. After the engine warms up, the internal parts expand, that reveal a worn piston ring or bearing. Another possible cause is a cracked flywheel. When they heat up, they will make a knocking noise when accelerating or letting off the gas.

Myregal_01

95 chevy monte carlo oil light

Post by Myregal_01 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 am

low oil light is on . dipstik reads full ?

karlk

Re: 95 chevy monte carlo oil light

Post by karlk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Most likely the problem on your Monte Carlo low oil light is the sensor for the level. It is located in the oil pan, There is a 2-wire electrical connector that plugs into it. First check to make sure it is plugged in. Next, unplug it and short the 2 wires together with a small piece of wire and then turn the key on to see if the light is on or off, then take that little wire out and it should go on if it was off with the wire in. This would confirm the sensor is bad.

S. Smith

1997 Chevy Monte Carlo - Engine coolant leaking

Post by S. Smith » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo - v6 3.1 L

Work was done in November of 2006 for leaks in the lower intake manifold gaskets with less than 55K miles.
At that time there were no leaks under the car.
Soon after the work, when I checked engine coolant level, entire fluid had disappeared.

Summer of 2013: Miles 81K. Noticed dark brown fluid leaks under the car in small amounts. Oil mixed with coolant?
Winter of 2014, entire engine coolant disappeared just like last time.
Different mechanic says leaks in the lower intake manifold gaskets.
Additionally, front crank seal leaking.
Front and rear struts need to be replaced also.

karlk

Re: 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo - Engine coolant leaking

Post by karlk » Mon May 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Yes, most likely the lower intake is leaking again. These are very common on the 3.1L and 3.4L engines. It is also possible that one of the headgaskets is leaking. The rear gasket is most common on these engines.

mattmro444

at higher speed

Post by mattmro444 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi there,

I am running at higher speed settings only one of my motors runs. When I lowered my steps per mm in marlin the issue went away. Do you guys think it could be a current issue or a motor issue?

Thanks
MRO Supply

karlk

Re: at higher speed

Post by karlk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:27 pm

What are you talking about?
What motors?
What steps?