1994 Madza truck 3000with 3.0 engine idiling too fast

Automotive questions for anything about engines.
hankmcguire
2003 mazda protege5 going under 1000rpms whem in idle

Post by hankmcguire » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Hey I have a problem with a 2003 mazda protege5. The issue is that the car was running low when was in idle going under 1000 rpms, the radio will go out. So I figure it may be the battery so I got a new battery. Same day I got the battery drove around them car started to be sluggish. Sitting at the lights the radio went out them car inside dash board lights as well. So drove a bit more the car started to rumble lights flicking bam car die on the spot. Key locked in ignition. So we got it towed to the house. I disconnect the battery and re connected the car turned on then when in idle it was going under 1000 rpms again I was trying to put in Neutral to push it back farther in drive way then it died in neutral with key in ignition. So I just disconnected battery amd left it there.. idk whats wrong with the car... can u help?

Terry

Re: 2003 mazda protege5 going under 1000rpms whem in idle

Post by Terry » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Sounds like you have an electrical problem on your Mazda. That's why the radio goes out, the lights flicker and the car dies out.

Maybe a loose ground wire or bad connection at one of the main engine harnesses. If you can get it started, start moving harnesses around to see if you can get the car to act up. This will give you the approximate location of the problem. Also move the wiring around that plugs into t5he fuse box.

Another possibility is a bad ignition switch. That is what feeds power to most of the cars electronic systems. Get the car started and tap on the head of the key. If it starts to act up, the ignition switch is faulty.

FRAN

1994 Madza truck 3000with 3.0 engine idiling too fast

Post by FRAN » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:51 pm

What is wrong with 1994 madza 3000 truck engine running too fast?

butch

Re: 1994 Madza truck 3000with 3.0 engine idiling too fast

Post by butch » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Most high idle problems s are caused by a vacuum leak. This causes the engine to run lean- too much air, not enough fuel. The leak must occur after the airflow sensor so the computer does not see the increase in air in the engine.

Check all vacuum hoses, brake booster hose, air intake hose between air filter and engine as well and the intake manifold gasket area. You can do this by spraying some carb cleaner around. When the vacuum leak is found, the idle will surge upward. Keep the spray away from any source of ignition because the fluid is very flammable.

Travis

light knock sound at 3 rpm or above

Post by Travis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:57 am

I drive an 06 Mazda 6 manual transmission. I noticed that at 3k rpm or above I hear a rattle or knock sound but it's fairly light. Could this be something major or something add simple as just needing an oil change?

karlk

Re: light knock sound at 3 rpm or above

Post by karlk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 am

Yes, i would first change the oil and see if that helps. Without hearing it, it would be hard to diagnose the noise. It could be anything from a worn piston rod bearing or rings, to a main bearing.

ArentDualt

1994 Madza truck 3000with 3 0 engine idiling too fast

Post by ArentDualt » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:39 am

That would be awesome - 400 bhp NA in a BRZ/FRS. Too pricey for me, but if you are building an all out race/performance car that seems like it would be a very potent package with a little lightening of our platform and that engine.