My accord 02 cranks but won't start

Automotive questions for anything about engines.
charles
I need belt routing diagram for renault 2002 1.4 16va

Post by charles » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 pm

I need a routing diagram for renault megan 2002 1.4 16 valve.

Ray

Dodge 4.7 engine

Post by Ray » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:21 am

I have a 2000 dodge Durango 4.7 16 tooth tone ring with a bad crank, pistons, and 2 rods.
I was given a crank assembly from a high output motor. (Crank, rods, pistons etc..) Can I install these info my block. I did a compete teardown already.

butch

Re: Dodge 4.7 engine

Post by butch » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 am

Probably not. The pistons may be a different diameter and or height for better compression, the rod journals may be at different degree positions, the rings are of a different material,

Fernando

My accord 02 cranks but won't start

Post by Fernando » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 am

Accord 02 automatic ex 170k miles . I just got the car a about month and 1/2 ago at a dealer in L.A red flag already I know. Well I test drove it everything was cool drove it home about a 25 min drive hwy . As I got of it would idle differently there would be a bump at intervals not major but I could feel it . Spark plugs? I wouldn't know. About 3 weeks later I took it for an hour drive came home for an hour then went to start her up and it started fine but after 2 seconds it shook rather violently and died. Tried to start it but it just cranks I thought maybe timing belt . So I waited a week for my check ( not made out of cash here) to get it checked at a shop. I went to the car just to see . Checked all the wires were tight and secure and started it and it started fine!! No erratic noises, nothing so I drove it thinking loose wire. Driving it for longer periods made the idle do the bump at intervals . 2 weeks past and I was going to get it all checked out when I had time an money . But today drove my child to school picked her up and came home maybe 20 min altogether . Later around 8 pm today was going to move it but it just cranked!! Nothing else any info will be much appreciated!!

butch

Re: My accord 02 cranks but won't start

Post by butch » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:46 pm

The bump you describe could be an ignition problem on your Honda Accord. Possibly a bad ignition module or crank position sensor. The other possibility because it is so erratic is that you have a fuel pump going bad. The only way to be sure is to have fuel pressure gauge on the engine and watch for the pressure to drop as it dies out or wont start.

joelkaz
Site Admin

Re: I need belt routing diagram for renault 2002 1.4 16va

Post by joelkaz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:00 pm

See this link for serpentine belt routing