2004 GMC Envoy endgate will not unlock

General auto SUV repair questions.
richard
GMC Envoy alternator

Post by richard » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 pm

How to replace alternator '05 gmc envoy 4.2L ?

karlk

Re: GMC Envoy alternator

Post by karlk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 pm

First remove the belt. Then remove the bolt that hold the A/C line that is in front of the alternator. There are 4 bolts that hold the alternator on the engine. They go in from the right side (as viewed from leaning over the front bumper). They are long 15mm head bolts. 2 on the top, 2 on the bottom. Then it can be lifted out of the truck.

Linda

2004 GMC Envoy endgate will not unlock

Post by Linda » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 am

The endgate will noy unlock with the key fob or the key itself i cant get the door open. The window works fine though

butch

Re: 2004 Envoy XUV SLT endgate will not unlock

Post by butch » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:03 pm

If you can unlock it with either the remote or the key, then there is a mechanical problem in the latch assembly. Sounds like you are going to have to take the rear panel off to get to the latch. The problem is that removing the rear panel is very difficult with the door closed. You run the risk of breaking it.

alover67

fuse #27 in rear fuse box keeps blowing on envoy

Post by alover67 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:37 pm

I have a envoy 2004 slt and fuse #27 keeps blowing out on envoy. It is the onstar&battery fuse the headlights ture on the dash lights turn on.i but a new battery and tried a new ignition switch, but still nothing. And the fuse blows before I even finish putting it in.

Reed

2010 Chevy Equinox down pipe

Post by Reed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:45 pm

I recently bought a 2010 Equinox from a dealer who was hesitant to show me the repair list of things they did to the vehicle when the got it until after the papers were signed (of course). After I saw the list the only questionable thing was something about a rattling noise coming through the speakers at low speeds, likely from the converter down pipe. What is a converter down pipe? My wife googled it and thinks its a catalytic converter (which is expensive). I googled it and found something more like a tailpipe (which I still don't want to pay to fix on a car we just bought but is less expensive). We have 3 days to return it, which is what we will do if it is a catalytic converter. Any thoughts?

karlk

Re: fuse #27 in rear fuse box keeps blowing on envoy

Post by karlk » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:03 pm

You may have a short in the headlight circuit or a problem in the Onstar module. Try disconnecting these systems one at a time until the fuse stops blowing, then you can diagnose that particular circuit.

Terry

Re: 2010 Chevy Equinox down pipe

Post by Terry » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:44 pm

The only thing i can think of that could be called the converter down pipe IS the catalytic converter. On the engine a pipe goes down to the catalytic converter. The converter is part of the pipe. But, this will not cause a noise through the stereo speakers, so im not sure what the problem is.