2006 trailblazer electrical problems

General auto SUV repair questions.
phalldaniels
2006 trailblazer electrical problems

Post by phalldaniels » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54 am

My 2006 trail blazer has been having electrical problem
Gages going crazy battery dying but battery good just today I drove it to work and it made a knocking sound and the oil pressure lights came on and the oil pressure dropped to zero and it just died and it can't start going crazy please help.

butch

Re: 2006 trailblazer electrical problems

Post by butch » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Your truck has more than electrical problems. The oil pressure dropping to zero and the knocking sound means that the engine oil pressure is low and the engine is knocking. Never mind the battery or gauge problem, the engine is knocking. The battery dying could be a bad connection under the hood or loose cables. The engine dying out could be related to that, or the engine knock.

David

2005 trailblazer knocking sound

Post by David » Fri May 16, 2014 7:34 am

I have a 2005 Trailblazer that makes a loud knock sound that seems to come from the tailgate area.What could possibly be making this annoying sound??

karlk

Re: 2005 trailblazer knocking sound

Post by karlk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:45 pm

If the noise in your Trailblazer happens when going over bumps in the road, then most likely the problem is worn rear stabilizer bar links. The bushings in them go bad.

rick wilks

Chevy trailblazer leak and gas oder

Post by rick wilks » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

My 2008 chevy ss trail blazer that I just bought had a gas smell coming from the vents and started sputtering last night. Took to the dealership and explained the problem, they had it for two hours called back and said they didn't smell gas or have a sputtering/ stalling problem. went and got my chevy and knew they were incompetent, because the smell of gas was overwhelming. Left the dealership and no mechanic was there and it still had the gas aroma in it, then all of a sudden not 2 minutes away all these lights came on and it started to sputter and had no power. Limped back in and the pos was leaking fluid. when I got there, all this brownish fluid was all over the ground and the oil cover was smoking when I took off the cap. Any help would be appreciated about the problem, thank you.

Terry

Re: Chevy trailblazer leak and gas oder

Post by Terry » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:15 pm

A little bit of smoke from the oil cap is normal. Hard to say what the fluid was without seeing it. Could be oil or very dirty coolant or power steering fluid.
All of the lights coming on should be electrical and not related unless you can tell us exactly which lights came on- some are related.
For the gas smell, is it possible it was a oil burning or coolant and not gas?

Lacey

2005 trailblazer won't idle

Post by Lacey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:47 pm

I have a 2005 Trailblazer lt. I have hooked it up to a scan computer and it gave me codes for a bad cam and crankshaft sensor. I bought both and changed them. Now it is giving me a p0016 code for cam/crankshaft correlation. How do you fix this? It starts but will only idle for a few mins and when in gear makes a loud knocking sound when driving down the road. Also the engine light blinks and the check gauge light does the same.

Terry

Re: 2005 trailblazer won't idle

Post by Terry » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Any time you replace a cam or crank sensor on your Trailblazer you need to do a "Crank / cam correlation relearn" procedure. This is done with a higher end scan tool. If this is the 4200 straight six cylinder in your truck, you may have another problem. It depends on the cam sensor code. Some people get confused between a cam position sensor and cam actuator solenoid. Please give us the original code numbers so we can be sure what the original problem was.