Explorer 99 Spark Plugs

General auto SUV repair questions.
zikmarine
low fuel level on my ford explorer 2006

Post by zikmarine » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:04 am

my 2006 ford explorer always display low fuel level and the fuel gauge does read or move even if there is gas filled up in the tank

karlk

Re: low fuel level on my ford explorer 2006

Post by karlk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:55 pm

If the gas gauge does not function properly, then the most common cause is a bad fuel level sensor in the tank. If it does work correctly, but the only problem is the low fuel light, this may be a problem in the instrument cluster or there may be a module that controls that light.

sbaldo13

2005 expedition knocking

Post by sbaldo13 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 pm

There is a loud knocking noise coming from the back on the right hand side.

karlk

Re: 2005 expedition knocking

Post by karlk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:52 pm

If the noise on your truck is only when hitting bumps, then most likely the rear shock or strut is noisy. I would have all the rear suspension components checked though just to be safe.

kristywiggins

2001 ford expedition no power after fuel pump

Post by kristywiggins » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:34 am

I put a new fuel pump in and now it has a smooth ideal but when you put it in drive it has no power.

Terry

Re: 2001 ford expedition no power after fuel pump

Post by Terry » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:58 pm

I assume you replaced the fuel pump in your Ford Expedition because it would not start?
If it does now run, but has no power, the fuel filter may be clogged from when the old one failed.
It is also possible the new pump is faulty and is not producing enough pressure.
I would replace the fuel filter and check the truck again. If still has no power, then you will need to install a fuel pressure gauge to check the pump.

Ford

Explorer 99 Spark Plugs

Post by Ford » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi,
I have a 1999 Ford Explorer and have had little trouble with it all these years. I had the spark plugs replaced once before years ago with AutoLite plugs. (The type you have to gap manually) Worked great.
I've recently had spark plugs & wires changed again and noticed a drastic decrease in power. I blame the factory pre-gapped plugs they used. (They were Motorcraft).
Why do I notice this decrease in power? Is it due to the pre-gapped plugs instead of the original manually gapped type plugs? What can I do to get my Ford back to the way it was just three days before I changed my plugs!? Please help.

Thank you.

butch

Re: Explorer 99 Spark Plugs

Post by butch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:59 pm

If you had the plug wires changed, you need to make sure they were installed correctly. If they were not, that would cause a lack of power. Unless the spark plugs were the wrong part number, there really is no way just changing plugs can cause such a loss of power. Take it back to the mechanic that did the work on your Ford Explorer and have them scan the computer for codes, or at least take a test drive with you.

Dennis

Re: Explorer 99 Spark Plugs

Post by Dennis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 am

...one reason I do not change spark plugs...modern fuels and engines are pretty easy on spark plugs. My engines all have the OE plugs and wires. I do not like to disturb plug wires nor is it wise to remove spark plugs unless necessary. If your fuel mileage is steady and your engine starts without hesitation your plugs are fine. Dump a dose of Techron into the fuel and leave well enough alone.

Marcus

Need help

Post by Marcus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm

OK my jeep Cherokee classic 96 model I am only getting power too three of my six fuel injectors Wat do I need to do