Honda pilot 2006 squeaky noise

General auto SUV repair questions.
Shana
Brake Rotors/CV Boot

Post by Shana » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 am

Okay I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe V6 3.5L

Now I plan on replacing the brake pads and rotors all the way around. Now, my brother-in-law says that ceramic is definitely the best choice for the type of rotors I choose but I could only seem to find the rear ones in ceramic. Now my question is, what would be the best material for the front rotors? I've seen semi-metallic, black zinc, iron alloy, and gold. Any one of these better than the others?

Now my second question is that my car has been making a popping sound when I turn the wheel to the left. I figured out that it was because the inner CV boot on the driver's side is shredded off. Any idea what could have caused that. It does have like 230k miles on it. Could that just be normal wear and tear? Or maybe I need a front end alignment? or perhaps the joint bearing is damaged in some way?

Please let me know!

harvey

Honda pilot 2006 squeaky noise

Post by harvey » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:20 am

I use a Honda Pilot 2006. When I just pull out of the house in the morning everything is fine, but when drive for about 20 mins i start to hear a squeaky from the driver side which sounds worse on bumpy roads. I tried changing the shocks but I still have the same issue

karlk

Re: Brake Rotors/CV Boot

Post by karlk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 pm

With 230k miles the cv boot shredded is just because you have a lot of miles on it. Also with that amount of miles, I would not be worrying about getting some fancy brake rotors. Just get the cheapest.

karlk

Re: Honda pilot 2006 squeaky noise

Post by karlk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:36 pm

This could be any number of rubber parts- stabilizer bar mounts, control arm busing, etc.