2006 PONTAIC g6 SHIFT SENSOR FOR 1ST and sec

Questions specific to transmissions.
Alex
Pontiac Sunfire Automatic To Manual Trans Conversion

Post by Alex » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:01 am

I have a 1999 Pontiac sunfire SE with the 2.2 SFI 4-Cylinder/Non-Ecotec, with an automatic Transmission the engine blew earlier this week on it and i have found a 1998 Cavalier with a running engine and transmission, the only thing wrong with the running vehicle is that the sub-frame is rusted out and causing the car to constantly lose its alignment, unsafe to drive. And I am looking to purchase the vehicle to use the engine and transmission for my car. A couple problems, my vehicle is a 4-door sedan Automatic and the car that i wish to use the engine out of is a two door coupe manual. I am worried about the shifter linkage being correct and space in my engine bay where i would be able to fit the clutch cable brackets and what-not.

Terry

Re: Pontiac Sunfire Automatic To Manual Trans Conversion

Post by Terry » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:12 am

With enough modifications you should be able to install that assembly in your Pontiac. It would much easier to get the correct set up to avoid all the extra work. One note, the computer is not set up for a manual transmission, so it will have a check engine light on all the time. Also check to see if all the sensor plugs are the same and they will plug into the sensors on the new engine.

KEVIN57

2006 PONTAIC g6 SHIFT SENSOR FOR 1ST and sec

Post by KEVIN57 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 pm

do they have a manual on how to repair or place the part

karlk

Re: 2006 PONTAIC g6 SHIFT SENSOR FOR 1ST and sec

Post by karlk » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 pm

There is no part called a shift sensor on your Pontiac. There are however shift solenoids. Theses are located inside the side cover of the transmission. You will need to lower the entire frame and underbody on the left side to access and remove the side cover.

AMY

2002 chevy cavalier automatic transmission

Post by AMY » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 am

From a stop position, fast accelerating onto highway, bogging sound.
1st and 2nd gears shifted normally.
but 3rd went high in rpms. I had to let off a little to get it to shift.
First time in 10 yrs